Saturday, April 14, 2012

Art work completed

It's taken almost two years to finally complete 'Shazza' as I had imaged her before I had even started building. Thanks to a lot of people, at the top of the list is the artist Tahlia and her boyfriend Josh, my Donna, and Jon of 'Critical Twist' (for a kick up the you know what to get onto finishing Shazza properly after seeing the great job done on his hull and keel bulb art).

I always wanted to have artwork on the cabin of 'Shazza' and now we finally have it. The artist did all the work on Shazza in-between her day job and we all underestimated the amount of work it would take to get the result she was happy with--five or six weeks of afternoon and weekend work.

The brief to the artist was simple; the boat name is Shazza, keep it simple, make it colourful, and make it happy-----end result is all of these things and then some. Tahlia included some very personal additions at the very end without asking directly; she assumed correctly that they would be well accepted. One of which was to put my old dogs names of the cabin side. These two are no longer with me but have their ashes built into the bow of the hull where I made a carbon fibre box for them to rest in.

I will be happy to work as her un-paid agent for more commissioned work any time.