Saturday, March 10, 2012

End of Season tart-up and sail


Donna and I decided to try something new by participating in a Bribie Island Sailing Club round of racing. It was held on Saturday and consisted of 2 races.

The tide really runs through Pumistone Passage in-between Bribie and Bongaree?. Anyway it took us just over an hour to get over the start line against the tide and we were third over the start line out of about 10 boats. We had a great race with the other boats and some very tight racing with Barry Colson's "Endangered Species" who won both races on line honours with us 2nd in each race giving away 1 minute in the first and 3 minutes in the second.
The locals were very welcoming and showed us a good day and some funny stories.







Sunday was the beginning of Shazza's end of season tart-up. I am finally doing what I wanted to do day one with the paint scheme on Shazza. The grey/ pink etc in gone--as it should be. The latest and last colour is a lavender epoxy paint (finally putting down the quality stuff).
The pink stripe will be coming off ( I hope) and the bow/transom will be getting a touch-up as almost 2 years of bumps and scrapes are starting to show.
The mast is also getting a decent coat of paint (not sure of the colour, but probably white or lavender).
The icing on the cake will be a commissioned art work on the cabin, I have been wanting to do this since day one. We had some stickers made up and put on the hull sides of Shazza not that long ago but it was always a compromise as to what I really wanted which was the cabin done and the hull left plain.
I am rather excited about the art work as I am giving the artist a very open brief and lots of licence to do what she pleases. I have seen her work on a surf board and loved it so it should be interesting what I end up with.
Deck painted and the cabin about to get a new coat of paint ready for the artist.