Monday, January 2, 2012

Make me an Offer


Well the not so funny joke is over. The deck has been re-painted and Shazza is Not for sale.

I have been avoiding re-painting the deck for quite a long while, it was never given enough coats of paint when first done so this has been on the list to get done since day one.
I just thought if someone offered me silly money (really silly money) in the space of a couple of days then I wouldn't have to take off a pile of sheets and pulleys and re-paint.

I would never sell my pride and joy and the un-refusable price I have in the back of my mind that would actually get me to part with Shazza is just plain ridiculous, anyone know what Ben's boat was priced at originally ? double it at least!

The grip material on the paint is brown sugar--no expense spared, I always use sugar as a first choice myself.

Next step is to possibly make some changes to my spinnaker set-up to make it possible to go sailing one-up with it. I'm tossing up with the idea of a fixed pole to make the spinnaker set-up more solo friendly, just thoughts at the moment.