Saturday, October 1, 2011

Ice-box building

The Ice-box for camping or party box ?


A friend of mine makes ice-boxes and fridges for a living and had some poly...whatsacallit for me to buy (it's very similar to Corecell and can be sanded if need be and cuts with a good blade or jigsaw).
The box is ply, sealed with epoxy, and then lined with the polywhatsacallit
(25mm thick /1 inch). I had some left over DB Carbon so that has gone into the bottom to make it a little bash resistant and the rest will be lined with 100gsm glass (also a left over from another job). A quick coat of something inside to dress it up and I will be finished. I reckon I've added 1kg at most.
The volume before putting in the lining was 65lt and it is now down to 40lt with the lining (400mm long x 400mm deep and 250mm wide), heaps of room for an over-night camp or a heap of Red Cordial for the party people.